E-Day

Since my last post much has happened in my life. Ben & Son's has remained my place of residence. Farmer Ben provides food and board for a small fee of some of my file-keeping abilities. In the meantime, I've found plenty of time to plan.

That's right, I've been planning.

After seeing Napoleon's evil campaign for the first time, I've returned for several visits. I've seen Napoleon break just about every rule he himself helped instate. He is power-hungry and blinded by it.
I've turned many of the pigeons so that they now help me by keeping me informed. I just received news the other day that Boxer had slipped while attempting to finish Napoleon's now-infamous windmill. Just the next day the same pigeon returned to tell me that a cart had picked up Boxer that had the word "glue" on the side. This sent me into a depression for several days. As blinded as Boxer was by Napoleon's leadership, he was a good horse, and always was a good friend for me. Molly and I wept together when I told her.

The timber-sale-fiasco greatly interests me as it shows that Animal Farm is low on resources. This fact alone brought back an idea I had had for some time. What would it look like if an escape mission were hatched? What if I led a group of animals to infiltrate Animal Farm and break those out that are innocent from the tyranny they are now under?
If I could only save Clover, or even Benjamin, it would be worth it.

I've entitled this mission Escape Day or "E-Day" for short. Already I have 15 pigeons, Molly, and several cows that Farmer Ben said could help under my leadership. Although a motley crew, the strength of the mission will be in the planning, not the force. Napoleon's strong point has never been his head, it's always been his muscle.

Something I've been struggling with is this: how do I justify my actions? Wasn't I in cahoots with Napoleon just months ago? Didn't I help found the very same institution I am now attempting to make crumble?

I'm not sure the answers to all of these questions. I do know this: I believe in Animalism, and in the words of Major. I believe that all animals are created equal, and I hold that truth to be evident in and of itself. I know that what Napoleon is doing is wrong, and I know that I am one of the few who possesses the ability and knowledge to thwart him. And I believe that because of those things, it's my responsibility to try to free those animals that remain innocent, even if only out of ignorance.

Snowball

No comments:

Post a Comment